Instructions to students: This is an individual assignment.
Word Limit: 2000 words
Learning Outcomes to be checked:
- Discuss the influence of community, culture and religion in influencing health care practice
- Evaluate the distribution of healthcare resources in relation to health care needs and concepts of health and wellbeing.
- Justify a position on the influence that globalisation will have on nursing workforce culture.
- Appraise social and ethical wellbeing within the context of equity and cultural safety
- Discuss the concept of indigeneity and critically compare the demography, context and lifestyles of different cultural and indigenous groups.
- Explore and describe contemporary australian Indigenous health services, organisations and issues, and include the socio-cultural factors that impede health care provisions.
Task: NCS2202 Culture And Health Assignment
It is important that in your role as a student nurse and later as a registered nurse that you are able to provide care that is client centered and culturally safe. The nursing and midwifery Board of australia provide guidelines for professional practice. This includes , the code of conduct for nurses(2018); The ICN Code of Ethics for Nurses(2012); And the registered nurses Standards for practice for which we are accountable and responsible.
Write a 2000 word critically reflective essay: Incorporating the knowledge you have gained throughout the course and this unit and with reference to your codes and standards for practice, discuss how you will analyze and apply culturally safe care to a client from a cultural group of your choosing.
- Select a client from a cultural group that you have an interest or have had experience with(i.e. age, gender, ethnicity, homeless)
- Use concepts and knowledge gained throughout your course and this unit to identify the health issues that may impact your chosen client.
- Select one health issue and analyze the cultural factors that currently impact on care delivery and consequently the health outcomes of your client.
- Determine how you might assess and provide care for your client using culturally safe practice, incorporating theoretical frameworks (at least two) to draw connections between your ideas and provide structure to the argument critically reflect on your personal response to your findings and how this may impact on your practice.
- Identify the requirements for utilisation and distribution of resources to achieve a culturally safe environment for you and your client.
Critical reflection is evidence of reflective thinking. This involves:
- Looking back at something.(i.e. event, idea, object learning)
- Analyzing that something
- Thinking about what this means to you both personally and professionally.
- Determining how this will affect your practice.
Structure/Presentation: A well prepared wssay with a clear introduction, body of work and conclusion.
Introduction should include:
- An introduction to your topic
- Highlight the main issue
- Include a thesis statement
- Include research parameters
- Target audience
Body: should incude
- Presentation of topics relevant to your paper
- support your arguments with research from a reputable source
- Relevent information to support contemporary practice
- Less than seven years old
- What does evidence suggest is best practice
Conclusion: should incude
- Wind up of your paper by restating your thesis statement
- Restate your main ideas
- Do not introduce new ideas
- Font, spacing, paragraphs, margins, page no’s
- Application of coversheet and title page
- APA IN and end text
- Correct order; Alphabetical by first authors surname
- 2nd row indent
- Author, date, title, journal/book. Vol/issue/Edition, publisher. DOI/URL
Tutorial Frameworks: NCS2202 Culture And Health Assignment-Edith Cowan University Australia
|4 dimensions of Culture
|Perspectives Etic: Ext view
Emic: Int view Social Justice
|Practices(actions and interactions)
|Persons/communities (members and cultural contexts)
|Know self (reflection)
|Symbolic culture (values, beliefs and attitudes can be explicit orimplicit)
Excellent Assignment Help
We Aim At:
- Lowest Price.
- 100% Uniqueness.
- Assignment Fastest Delivery.