Instructions: This assignment is an individual piece of work.
All questions are compulsory.
Task: MITS 5004 IT SECURITY ASSIGNMENT
Part A: 30 Marks
Answer the following questions:
1. Search the web for news on computer security breaches that occurred during April-August 2015-2018. Research one such reported incident. Prepare a report focusing on what the problem was, how and why it occurred and what are the possible solutions. – 15 Marks
Length: Around 800 words
Part B: 20 Marks
1. Research the 2011 Sony PlayStation Network outage case on the web and prepare a report focusing on the following questions:
• What was the problem?
• Who were affected and how?
Length: Around 900 words
Excellent Assignment Help
We Aim At:
- Lowest Price.
- 100% Uniqueness.
- Assignment Fastest Delivery.
This assessment task is based on the following topics discussed in the subject: the overview of Information security fundamentals, security threats, cryptography, malicious software, and its countermeasures, operating system security and software security.
The assessment task is aligned with the following learning outcomes of the subject: On successful completion of this subject, students will
• be able to justify security goals and the importance of maintaining the secure computing environment against digital threats;
• be able to explain the fundamental concepts of cryptographic algorithms;
• be able to examine malicious activities that may affect the security of a computer program and justify the choice of various controls to mitigate threats.
• be able to compare and contrast the security mechanisms of a trusted operating system with those used in a general-purpose operating system;
Marking criteria: MITS 5004 IT SECURITY ASSIGNMENT-VICTORIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AUSTRALIA
• You are recommended to write the answers in a word document and submit. You can also submit your document in pdf format as well.
• Your answers to the questions should be precise but complete and informative.
• Each question should be answered individually with the corresponding label to indicate the tasks completed e.g. Task 1 a.
• A cover page must be included and should contain relevant identifying information.