Subject Code & Title :- MHNS5001 Mental Illness And Mental Health Recovery
Weighting :- 50%
Word limit/length :- 2500 words
Assessment type :- Critical Review
Overview :- This assignment invites you to consider the underlying assumptions of the dominant model of mental illness and compare these with the principles of the recovery paradigm. It encourages you to think critically how these contrasting perspectives influence the assessment and treatment of mental health problems. In contemporary mental health care, clinical or case formulation continues to be exceptionally important and the capacity to make sense of a person’s problems rather than simply labelling or naming them is an essential capability of all mental health professionals.
MHNS5001 Mental Illness And Mental Health Recovery Assignment 2 – Australia
It is your opportunity to consider competing discourses which shape the need for other ways of being with people and assisting them than the dominant biomedical approach to mental health. You will do so by considering how a mental illness may be diagnosed and treated from a pure biomedical point and the
implications of formulating the problem differently and considering the roles virtues and competencies required to help the person and address the problem.
Learning outcomes :-
This assessment task is aligned with the following learning outcomes:
1. Analyse and critique the dominant discourses and models of mental health and illness and how these and other formative influences have shaped mental health policy legislation professional standards influenced mental health practice and the experience of care
2. Critically review the concept of the therapeutic alliance or relationship, its essential elements how
it can be developed and maintained and argue its importance in contributing to collaboratively negotiated outcomes with service users.
4 Construct a clinical / case formulation drawing on psychotherapeutic theory, extantresearch and
clinical reasoning which effectively addresses the holistic needs of the individual and families
MHNS5001 Mental Illness And Mental Health Recovery Assignment 2 – Australia.
Assessment details :-
Is mental health recovery compatible with biomedical understandings of mental illness? Implications for the mental health work force.
The task of this critical review (which may be structured as an essay) is three fold.
• First consider a mental illness as defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 5th edition DSM-5 American Psychiatric Association 2013 and briefly describe the ortho dox biomedical view or explanation of the problem e.g. Major Depression or Borderline Personality Disorder.
• Secondly outline a nomothetic i.e. general formulation of the problem derived from psychotherapeutic literature.
• Finally discuss the compatibility of both perspectives in treating the problem and argue which competencies are needed by workers to support recovery and healing.
Excellent Assignment Help
We Aim At:
- Lowest Price.
- 100% Uniqueness.
- Assignment Fastest Delivery.