Instruction: This is an individual assignment.
Learning Outcomes Assessed:
- Describe and explain the role and function of network connectivity in current computing.
- Describe and explain the principles of communication in networks.
ITECH1102 Network Planning Assignment
You have been appointed as a Network System Administrator by the Australian government to allocate public IP Version 4 (IPv4) addresses and build a routing table for edge routers to connect the Australian states. The IPv4 is an exhaustive list of IPv4 addresses for current Internet users in the world. However, in this scenario, you have the liberty to use the entire available unreserved public IPv4 addresses for Internet users in Australia.
The major task is to allocate the unreserved public IPv4 addresses to different states in Australia based on the Internet users in those states. The number of Internet users for Australian states is given below:
- New South Wales (NSW): 6 Million
- Victoria (VIC): 4 Million
- Queensland (QLD): 3 Million
- Western Australia (WA): 2 Million
The task needs to be completed based on the following constraints and assumptions:
Only unreserved public IPv4 address should be used for allocation.
Each state should have a unique set of addresses – no address or set of addresses can be reassigned for any other state.
You should use only the classless IPv4 addressing in the assignment.