Subject Code :- HSNS310
Assignment Title :- HSNS310 Mental Health And Intervention Report
Must Complete: Yes
Weighting (%): 60
Assessment Notes: Written Assignment
No. Words: 2000
Relates to Learning Outcomes: ULO1, ULO2, ULO3, ULO4, ULO5
HSNS310 Mental Health And Intervention Report Assignment – Australia
This assignment requires you to watch the interview provided in the Case study video below titled Psychiatric interviews for teaching: Mania to complete a mental health assessment and intervention report. In your report ensure to:
• Refer to the diagnostic criteria as listed in the DSM-5 American Psychiatric Association 2013 to validate your decision that the client has a psychiatric dis order.
• Support your report by providing evidence from the case study video.
• Provide evidence that you have thought about the mental health nursing practice by examining your thinking about your decisions observations and recommendations.
• Use the HSNS310 Assessment 1 Marking Guide Criteria to guide you about aspects of presentation.
Guidelines for writing your report
The report has three sections:
• Part A is an assessment of the client’s psychiatric history and family social environment
• Part B is a mental state examination;
• Part C is evidence-based interventions.
You will need to view the case study video and during the video make notes on the items listed for Parts A, B and C below:
The Mental health assessment and intervention report should be well planned.
For this assessment it is important for you to :
• Outline your introduction clearly and end with a concise conclusion.
• Make sure you justify your report by referring to what was said during the interview.
• Write in complete sentences i.e. do not use dot points.
• Address the points in Part A as a single section using complete sentences without using sub-headings.
• Use the points in Part B as sub-headings to structure Part B of your report.
• Make sure each sentence only deals with one issue. Keep sentences short professional and to the point.
• In Part B the “formulation” section provides a summary of the information contained in the previous sub-sections. New information should not be placed in this section. If it is not in the body of a report it should not be in the formulation section.
• Does the client need to be referred to a psychiatrist? Why?
• Pay attention to spelling, grammar and punctuation. It is important to proof read your work before submission.
• Writing style in a report is more formal than verbal speech. Try not to write as you would speak.
• Use simple past tense to describe the patient’s state at the time of the mental state examination.This emphasizes that the examination findings are specific to the time of conducting the interview.
After you have completed Parts A and B you can start Part C.
Part C requires you to research the mental health literature and recommend three evidence-based interventions to assist the client.
• Discuss each intervention separately and use a sub-heading so that the reader marker know the intervention being discussed.
• What is the clinical issue being addressed by each intervention?
• What is the goal for the intervention?
• Ensure the three interventions you select are consistent with evidence-based treatment guidelines.
• Justify your decision by referring back to evidence-based literature.
• Make sure you appropriately reference your work using in-text references to support any statement of fact.
• Include a reference list on a separate page at the end of the report.