BSBWOR502 Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness Task 1 Assignment Task 1 – Case Study
Part A: Team Performance Planning Project
As the Marketing and Communications Manager for Football South East Coast (FSEC), you are required to develop a team performance plan to support the new Operational Plan.
You will also be required to meet with your team to discuss and document team actions to achieve the Operation Plan. Actions will be recorded in the Team Performance Planning template.
This assessment is to be completed in the simulated work environment in the RTO.
- Access to textbooks/other learning materials
- Computer and Microsoft Office
- Access to the internet
- Operational Plan
- Team Performance Plan Template
- Space for a meeting with a whiteboard
Carefully read the following:
Football South East Coast is sporting association based in a small town on the NSW South Coast and is responsible for administration and development of football for the NSW South East Coast. The association employs a General Manager, Operations Manager, Marketing and
Communications Officer, High Performance Athlete Development Officer, Marketing Officer,Promotions Office, Administration Manager and Receptionist.
FSEC’s Vision is to be the number one sport played through South East NSW.
FSEC’s Mission is to grow football by supporting members and the football community through, strong leadership, sound communication and the provision of a clear strategic direction that secures the sport’s long-term prosperity.
Values listed in its current Strategic Plan include:
- Operating with trust and Integrity with each other, as well as with members and the community.
- Customer focus through appreciation of interests and passion of our members and the broader football community.
- Camaraderie through recognising the superior strength and efficiencies of good team work
- Innovation through best practice and change
- Openness and transparency in communicating with our members, customers and the broader community.
One of the organisation’s key strategic goals is to improve participation in community football, specifically to increase the total number of players by 4% in 2018. Another goal is to increase the participation of girls aged between 5 and 18 by 2% in 2018.
These goals have been translated into an Operational Plan for the organisation. As the Marketing and Communications Manager, you are responsible for the following key result areas: Membership Growth, Programs and Events and Volunteer Development.
Complete the following activities:
- Prepare an email template that would be sent to the team (your assessor): It should introduce and summarise the contents of the attachment, and ask them to review it.
The email text should also invite them to attend a performance planning meeting.
Your email should include the date and time of the meeting, as well as the duration.
You will need to send your email at least 5 working days prior to the meeting.
Your team members will be organised by your assessor, and will include at least two other students as well as your assessor to represent the other FSEC positions.
- Conduct a meeting with the team:
Prepare for a meeting with your team to discuss the new Operational Plan and to develop a team performance plan by reviewing the organisational information provided to you above, as well as the Operational Plan. Familiarise yourself with the Team Performance Plan Template, as you will be completing this document after the meeting.
As communications manager, you are required, as a minimum, to cover the following during the meeting:
- Provide an introduction to the meeting, including the purpose of the meeting
- Indicate to all team members that it is important for them to take an active role in the planning meeting so that their ideas for implementing the strategic plan and associated goals for the upcoming 12 months will be taken into consideration and included in the team performance planning framework.
- Ensure that all team members have read the Operational Plan that you sent in the email. Give them the opportunity to ask questions if anyone needs clarification. You should explain to the team any parts of the Operational Plan that are not understood.
- Work with your team on each section of the performance planning template. Ask your team for ideas and write them up on the white board.
During the meeting, your assessor (in the role of a staff member) will raise a workplace concern during the team performance planning session. Concerns or problems that are outside your authority will have to be discussed with the General Manager. Tell the team that you will get back to them shortly with a response.
During the meeting, you will need to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills including:
- Team building techniques including clear explanation of goals and outcomes
- Asking questions and listening to responses to clarify understanding
- Active listening skills
- Respecting and acknowledging the views of others
- Non-verbal communication skills that encourage discussion and feedback, for example, nodding, smiling, eye contact.
3. Write a summary of your meeting (your assessor):
Your summary should explain the workplace concerns in a few paragraphs.
4. Complete your team performance plan:
Following the meeting, complete the Team Performance Plan Template, incorporating the feedback that you received from the other meeting participants.
5. Prepare an email template that would be sent to the team (your assessor):
It should introduce and summarise the contents of the attachment.
The email text should include:
- A request for feedback on the team performance plan.
- A schedule of meetings for the next 12 months to support the implementation of the actions documented in the performance plan. The schedule should commence following the meeting date and for the next 12 months. You can decide on the frequency of the meeting.
- An outline of the actions you intend to take to address workplace concerns, including the feedback that you received from the General Manager.
- A brief overview of the training and development activities that you intend to implement over the next 12 months to address training needs identified in the team performance plan. You should include the details of at least two activities that you have identified for the team as a whole and include the title of the activity, as well as the date and location and outcomes of completing the activity.
Excellent Assignment Help
We Aim At:
- Lowest Price.
- 100% Uniqueness.
- Assignment Fastest Delivery.