Instruction: This is an individual assignment.
Word Count: 1500 Words
Task: SWSP6143 Public Policy & Civil Society Assignment
Purpose: The purpose of this assessment is for students to critically analyze different policy positions by political parties in Australia on a key social issue to demonstrate an understanding of how ideology underpins these policy positions.
Each student is to choose a policy or social issue from state or federal election in the past 5 years. These could include:
- Closing the gap
- Domestic Violence
Students are to review the policy positions from two different political parties in relation to this issue. Students will use the following framework to complete the text analysis:
- Analyze the issue chosen, outlining key ways the problem or is issue presented and how the this is to be addressed
- Show a critical reflection of the information and arguments presented in the policy documents as an illustration of a particular political ideology of the party (for example, Human Rights, Marxist, Humanism, Neo-liberalism)
Assessment Criteria:SWSP6143 Public Policy & Civil Society Assignment
- Draws onset literature to demonstrate an understanding of party political-ideological positions.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and analyze the information presented in the documents.
- Provides evidence of critical reflection of information presented.
- Capacity to write in an appropriate scholarly style, with attention to grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Main ideas clearly and logically presented
- Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation