Purpose of the HC2091 Business Finance Assignment (with ULO Mapping)
Students are required to form a group of 4 members to study, undertake research, analyse and conduct academic work within the areas of business finance covered in learning materials Topics 1 to 10 inclusive. The assignment should examine the main issues, including: underlying theories, implement performance measures used and explain the firm’s financial performance. Your group is strongly advised to reference professional websites, journal articles and text books in this assignment (case study).
The applicable Unit learning Outcomes are:
- Research and explain the structure of Australian and International financial systems. Critically analyse the role of finance in business. Explain financial markets and different types of securities and the processes related to their investment. Interpret the impact of future developments in the financial markets on business structure and performance.
- Understand the concept of the time value of money and apply it in investment and portfolio evaluation and management.
- Identify the important factors in capital investment decisions, portfolio evaluation and business financing activities.
- Critically analyse finance alternatives to manage short and long term debts. Critically understand and practice valuation of financial instruments, including ordinary shares, preferred shares and bonds.
- Describe the effects of interest rates on business finance. Evaluate the firm capital structure policy and payout policy. Evaluate alternative funding policies and instruments available to businesses including the banking sector and non banking sector.
This assignment task is a written report and evaluative analysis of the financial performance of a selected listed company on the ASX. This analysis requires:
- Description of the company.
- Preparation of common size financial statements.
- Analysis of company networking capital position.
- Analysis of liquidity and capital structure.
You are required to obtain the relevant information from chosen company annual reports and company web site.
To download the relevant please referee the Company code in ASX (see the following examples)
The assignment structure should be as follows:
Title of the assignment
Example: Analysis of ABX Company Financial Performance
Group details and the contribution of each group member
You need to give full details of all the group members in your group including their names and student IDs. Please make sure all the names written in the assignment are matched with the group created in Blackboard. To ensure that all students participate equitably in the group assignment and that students are responsible for the academic integrity of all components of the assignment. You need to complete the following table which identifies which student/students are responsible for the various sections of the assignment.
Content Of The HC2091 Business Finance Assignment
- The introduction should briefly explain the purpose of the assignment, the selected company for analysis and the type of analysis.
- FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF THE SELECTED COMPANY
- a. Description of the company
Prepare a brief description of the selected company (when they started, key milestones etc.), outlining the core activities (major business, key products) competitive advantages, and the market in which it operates (in which industry sector they are in ASZX, do they export their products and services or whether they serve only the local market).
- b. Preparation of common size financial statements for the most recent financial year
First, briefly discuss the importance of common size financial statement. Second, prepare a common size income statement and a common size balance sheet based on the most recent annual report.
- c. Analysis of company net working capital position
Based on balance sheet information and the notes to the financial statements,
• Analyse the working capital position of the company over minimum of past 4 years (composition of current assets and current liabilities, changes in CA and CL, any significant decision about working capital management etc.).
• Calculate the networking capital and give your opinion on the net working capital position of the company (Whether the company net working capital is positive or negative, what will be the implication of identified net working capital position on the company short term and long-term solvency)
- d. Analysis of company liquidity and capital structure using liquidity and capital structure ratios
Using data from financial statements of your selected company, calculate the following ratios for minimum of past 4 years and present them using suitable charts. Discuss the implications of the identified trends for company performance.
- • Liquidity ratio (calculate minimum of 2 liquidity ratios over 4 years and analyse them using suitable charts)
• Capital Structure ratio (calculate minimum of 2 capital structure ratios over 4 years and analyse them using suitable charts)
- a. Description of the company
Based on the analysis in section 2, provide brief conclusion on the company financial performance.
Excellent Assignment Help
We Aim At:
- Lowest Price.
- 100% Uniqueness.
- Assignment Fastest Delivery.